On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> Thanks a lot to Doug Kaufmann for the MSDOS patches for djgpp. But one thing I don't
> understand. In ./crypto/bn/bn_mul.c:
> #if defined(OPENSSL_NO_ASM) || !(defined(__i386) || defined(__i386__)) || \
>   defined(__DJGPP__) /* Assembler implementation exists only for x86 */
>
> I haven't studied the Makefiles, but surely djgpp target should use the assembly
>version
> in bn-586.pl? Otherwise, simpy defining OPENSSL_NO_ASM for djgpp should be enough.

You can make DJGPP use the assembly routines by changing Configure
values for DJGPP to show "${x86_out_asm}" in the eighth field of
config-string. Then the build will fail bacause of the TYPE and SIZE
macros. I suspect it will work with these defined to null as in the
recent patch I submitted for Cygwin [openssl.org #76]. I haven't had
a chance to check this yet. Before doing this routinely for DJGPP, we
should probably verify that there are no instructions that won't work
on a 386 processor. Otherwise tha code won't be portable to many of
the low-powered machines (i.e. 386 and 486 processors) that run DOS.
I was worried that the name "bn-586.pl" might imply instructions
requiring at least a 586 processor.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman