Due to the re-inclusion of all ciphers from evp.h, the des.h header file
with the compatibility define of "crypt()" is included.

If a system header file defines crypt() itself, for HP-UX this is
sys/unistd.h, it must fail if included only after evp.h (or one of
the other header files includinge evp.h indirectly.

I have worked out all of these conflicts inside OpenSSL itself, but
it does not help for applications (I just had to "fix" mod_ssl).

Shall we disable the crypt() function for more platforms, maybe even all
platforms?

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/