On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Andy Polyakov wrote:

> > dkaufman> I noticed that the makefile contains a special line for
> > dkaufman> DJGPP, similar to the one for Cygwin. This isn't needed for
> > dkaufman> DJGPP. Patch attached.
> >
> > Please explain why .dll loading would be different in that particular
> > case...
>
> Because loading of Windows .dll is not an option in DJGPP? Isn't DJGPP
> so to say all own OS? At least it doesn't rely upon WIN32 API, but
> MS-DOS "int 21h" and *if* it supports some kind of dynamicaly loadable
> objects, it has nothing to do with Windows LoadLibrary call, the one
> using %PATH% to look for .dlls. A.

To clarify, DJGPP runs in a true DOS environment rather than a Windows
environment. Multitasking is not supported. It does not support
dynamically loaded libraries at all. DJGPP binaries can run in a DOS
box under Windows, but run as DOS rather than native Windows programs.
                          Doug
--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]