[[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Fri Jan 10 21:48:32 2003]:

> I tried 0.9.7 before succesfully compiling 0.9.6h.
>
> As Doug Kaufman suggested for some reason asn1t.h doesn't get
> included. I
> had to manually edit a dozen source files.
>
> I also have Cygwin in c:\cygwin, but my PATH shows:

PATH=C:\usr\Perl\bin\;C:\usr\Borland\Bcc55\Bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem

> I really don't see how it could be including other headers if I did
> everything from g:\Linux\openssl-0.9.7.

Odd. It shouldn't need the definition of the ASN1_ITEM_st structure,
that file only uses pointers to ASN1_ITEM. It doesn't access any fields:
if it did every compiler should choke on that file.

Presumably adding a #include <openssl/asn1t.h> in asn1.h would work
around this?

I'm suprised though that it doesn't have similar problems in other
places. This kind of thing is done quite a bit is ossl_typ.h in 0.9.7 to
avoid having to drag in the full definitions of structures that are only
being used as pointers so I'm not sure why it doesn't like ASN1_ITEM.

Also the type ASN1_VALUE doesn't even have a complete definition. Does
it complain about undefined ASN1_VALUE_st structure anywhere?