> 1)Unless I understood you correctly, could you please send me
> the complete implementation for aix-shared which you want.

You have to understand that I don't have access to AIX machine and
therefore can't be completely sure what I actually want. What I asked in
previous letter is to run the command *manually* without modifying
Makefile.ssl. I asked you to make an effort to make it work. E.g. if it
complains like you report, I'd appreciate if you could read reference
manuals and figure out how to work around the problem. I mean we should
find working command first, modifying Makefile is easy.

> 2)On AIX modulenames contain *.so.0.9.7 as well as on other platforms.
> However, it is easy to change Makefile so that they were named just *.so
> which I did.

??? Makefile.org in 0.9.7 says -o lib$$i.so, i.e. no .0.9.7 is appended.
Two sentences above don't make any sense to me, unless you asked us to
change it earlier, before 0.9.7 release that is. Please clarify.

> It is then possible to check version compatibility
> for libcrypto.so & libssl.so.

What do you mean by "check version compatibility?" If you mean check
binary compatibility between libcrypto.so[.0.9.6] and
libcrypto.so[.0.9.7], then the answer is already known and it's "they
are not binary compatible." Period. If you mean something else, clarify.

> As I said, shared libraries for versions 0.9.6
> and 0.9.7 seem to be compatible on solaris and linux but not on AIX.

If they appear working with your application, then it's just pure luck.
Interchanging 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 is not supported and you should give up
the idea immediately (or forget about support:-).

A.