[guest - Tue Jan 28 14:07:57 2003]:

> Sorry, just noticed the problem has been discussed here already.
> I'm having exactly the same problem with 0.9.7/Win32 and
> i found several other notes about that on the web.
> Problem seems to be somwhere in
>
> free(void * 0x50000000) line 956 + 11 bytes
> CRYPTO_free(void * 0x50000000) line 364 + 10 bytes
> ASN1_STRING_free(asn1_string_st * 0xdddddddd) line 390 + 21 bytes
>
> (see my own ticket 481 where i included complete info/stack trace)

What about the 0.9.7a snapshots? The bug is present in 0.9.7 release.

A symptom of the original bug was that some subsequent call to free()
would crash, though which one varied depending on the systems malloc
behaviour.

Assuming you still get this with the 0.9.7a snapshot...

Your test command seems to include an external extension file, do you
still get the problem if you don't include the -extfile command line
switch. If not can you upload that file as well?

Steve.