[levitte - Thu Jan 30 11:21:30 2003]:

> [[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Thu Jan 30 09:08:11 2003]:
>
> > The handling of the thisupd and nextupd pointers in
> > make_ocsp_response()
> > is incorrect. The pointers should be the first parameter of
> > x509_gmtime_adj(), rather than the return value.
>
> Why do you think it's incorrect?  Have you checked what happens when
> the first parameter is NULL?

It should be correct. Although the corresponding thisUpdate and
nextUpdate fields are of type ASN1_GENERALIZEDTIME they go through
ASN1_TIME_to_generalizedtime en route which converts them.

However a bug was introduced into 0.9.7 ASN1_TIME_to_generalizedtime()
which causes problems in this conversion. This change would work around
the problem without addressing the underlying cause.

Since the ASN1_TIME_to_generalizedtime() bug has now been fixed in
0.9.7-stable I suggest the OP checks the latest stable snapshot.

Steve.