On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 07:52:00PM +0200,  via RT wrote:

> The example in this man page shows the creation of a bio pair and then
> setting them as the io bios for an ssl object.  It states that the
> internal bio is implicitly deallocated when SSL-free is called on the
> ssl object.  This does not appear to be the case.  In an application
> developed using this assumption it was found that bio buffer and the
> internal bio were leaked.  The leak was cleaned up by manually
> deallocating the internal bio.
>
> Is this a implimentaion error or a documentaion bug?

Hmm. I wrote the manual page and I am somehow convinced that it is
correct. Whenever SSL_free() is called, the underlying BIO is also
free()ed. As a BIO pair consists of 2 BIOs, only one BIO is freed
automatically, the other one has to be handled by the application.
Are you sure that both BIO objects are left after SSL_free()?

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/