My bad. The following attempts to describe EXPLICIT tagging of elements of type CHOICE:

FOO DEFINITIONS EXPLICIT TAGS ::=

BEGIN

Foo ::= SEQUENCE
{
    foo1 [0] EXPLICIT Goo,
    foo2 [1] IMPLICIT Goo  -- Error: foo2 must be explicitly tagged.
}

Goo ::= CHOICE
{
    integer1 [0] IMPLICIT INTEGER,
    integer2 [1] EXPLICIT INTEGER
}

END

Frank

                      "Dr. Stephen

                      Henson"                   To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      >                         Subject:  Re: d2i and ASN1_CHOICE

                      Sent by:

                      owner-openssl-dev@

                      openssl.org

                      06/26/2003 09:43

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      openssl-dev

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003, Frank Balluffi wrote:

> Fernando,
>
> I think all user-defined tags in a CHOICE (e.g., [0]) are EXPLICIT -- I could be
> wrong and don't have time to check right now (it's been a while ...).
>
> So I think you want:
>
> ASN1_EXP(Seq1, value.field2,Sub_seq200, 0)

The default is EXPLICIT but the ASN1 module can change the default to
IMPLICIT.

IMPLIICT also must become EXPLICIT if its needed for disambiguiation, for
example if the underlying type is a CHOICE.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.
Freelance consultant see: http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or