On September 3, 2003 03:06 pm, Bommareddy, Satish (Satish) wrote:
> OpenSSL 0.9.7b
> how do i enable/build openssl with dynamic engine loading support?
> I am trying to load opensc engine using
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] satish]# openssl
> OpenSSL> engine dynamic -pre
> SO_PATH:/usr/local/lib/opensc/engine_opensc.so -pre ID:opensc -pre
> LIST_ADD:1 -pre LOAD
> openssl:Error: 'engine' is an invalid command.

It appears your version of openssl was built without engine support (ie.
configured with "no-engine"). If you run "openssl version -a", do you see
something like "-DOPENSSL_NO_ENGINE" in the list of compilation flags? If
so, build your own version of openssl by configuring it for another
installation directory (inside your $HOME if you don't have root access
of course) and make sure that new installation occurs earlier in your
$PATH than the system's bundled version.

Cheers,
Geoff

--
Geoff Thorpe