Hello,

On a private project I am working on a
module that does program command line argument parsing.
(It must be the 658293rd implementation available ;-) )

My module allows to generate and print the help
message from the data that is used to parse
the program arguments.

Is the community interrested in
doing OpenSSLs command line parsing
with such a module and the integration
of my module in OpenSSL ?

The primary functions are:

* Generate a handle to keep the data:
  ParseArg_t *ParseArg_New(...);

* Initialize an existing handle:
  long ParseArg_Init(...);

* free all dynamically allocated data
  for a handle:
  void ParseArg_Free(...);

* add an command line parameter:
  long ParseArg_AddEntry(...);

* add an command line parameter with a function
  that is called if the parameter is found
  in the command line:
  long ParseArg_AddEntryFct(...);

* parse the command line arguments:
  long ParseArg_Parse(...);

* check if all required parameters are given:
  long ParseArg_CheckReq(...);

* print a help message:
  long ParseArg_PrintHelp(...);

It still needs more testing and some minor stuff but the functionality is implemented. (Hey, I started this sunday night... ;-) )

Bye

Goetz

--
Goetz Babin-Ebell, software designer, TC TrustCenter AG
Sonninstr. 24-28, 20097 Hamburg, Germany