Xinwen Fu wrote:
Hi,
        In the man page of RSA_public_encrypt,  it says
"The random number generator must be seeded prior to calling
RSA_public_encrypt()"

yes, (pseudo) random numbers are needed for the pkcs1 padding

Does this mean that each time I use RSA_public_encrypt(), I need
to use RAND_seed() to seed the The random number generator? For example,
if RSA_public_encrypt() is invoked in a loop, should RAND_seed()
also be
in the loop?

normally it should be sufficient to set the prng once

Nils