I did not realize that ERR_remove_state() worked that way. In looking at the code, it appears that it does indeed delete the table making ERR_free_state_table() unnecessary in properly coded applications.

Thanks.

Verdon

>>> "Richard Levitte via RT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6/28/2004 5:47:58 AM >>>

Just a comment on what I just wrote...

[levitte - Mon Jun 28 13:37:50 2004]:

> I've looked back at the ERR_free_state_table() discussion, and I can't
> find any message where we came to a resolution.  Looking at the patch
> right now, I still fail to see what that function does that
> ERR_remove_state() doesn't.  It should be noted that
ERR_remove_state()
> *does* remove the whole table when there are no more references to it.

> The way it's supposed to work is that it should be called at the end
of
> each thread (including the main one).  My stand on this issue hasn't
> changed since we discussed it last.

If ERR_remove_state() doesn't work as it should (as said above), then
it's a bug in ERR_remove_state() and should be treated that way, and
therefore result in a fix of ERR_remove_state().  IMHO.

--
Richard Levitte
[EMAIL PROTECTED]