Corinna,

- The link_a.cygwin target creates the cygcrypto DLL with another base
  address.  This is necessary to avoid collision with the Cygwin DLL
  itself.  The address 0x61200000 used right now collides at least with
  the Cygwin heap in the upcoming 1.5.17 release.  Since the Cygwin DLL
  is the only DLL in a Cygwin system which must not be rebased, I chose
  a new, save base address (0x63000000) for the cygcrypto DLL instead.

Speaking of documentation:-) Is cygwin memory layout documented somewhere? What I'm trying to ask is if you can provide a pointer. If it's documented in commentary section in source code, then could you be so kind to give some approximate directions where to look? A.