On October 4, 2005 04:08 am, Christopher P. Masone wrote:
> --- Frederic Donnat wrote:
> 26743:error:2507006C:DSO support routines:DSO_load:functionality not
>
> This says that you do not have the DSO support on!
> --- end of quote ---
>
> Yes, that error message led me to try passing both -DSO_DLFCN and
> -DDSO_DLFCN to the config script.  But the first flag didn't change the
> behavior, and the second gave me a compile-time error.
>
> As far as I can tell, there is no "dso" config option...there's
> "shared", which I was using.  Is there a dso option for ./config?

As Frederic observed, this is probably a case of DSO support missing from
your build. Which target are you configuring the source for? (Try
"./config -t") If you look in the TABLE file for that target, you should
get a list of build settings. It may be that the default target
from ./config isn't optimal, in which case run "perl Configure" to get a
list of available targets and then run "perl Configure <target> ..." to
specify it. Or it may be that the target for your system just doesn't
have the appropriate DSO implementation enabled (or that it couldn't be
enabled because of problems someone observed) - check the "dso_scheme"
element for each entry in TABLE, for example.

BTW, someone pointed out in a private mail that OSX does things
"differently", and that there are changes between 10.3 and 10.4 that
affect this. Hmmm. Why aren't there any apple.com reps on this list? Or
are there? (I'm sure "Darwin" would have encouraged a more active
participation in the open source ecosystem...)

Cheers,
Geoff

--
Geoff Thorpe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Même ceux qui se sentent pas des nôtres, ne nous voyant plus à genoux,
seront, plus que jamais, chez eux chez nous.
  -- Loco Locass