Sometime in the last few months, changes were made to e_os2.h in
the stable 0.9.8 series, which broke the DJGPP build. It looks
like a cleanup was made, removing OPENSSL_SYSNAME_WIN16, but the
OPENSSL_SYSNAME_MSDOS code appears to have been accidentally removed.
I see that none of the platforms generate OPENSSL_SYSNAME_WIN16 in
Configure, but there are still lots of places in the code that refer
to it. Do we really want to remove OPENSSL_SYSNAME_WIN16 from e_os2.h?
Is it clear that no on is going to use that part of the code again?
The patch reverts e_os2.h to what it was a few months ago. If you
only want to put the MSDOS code back in, rather than restore it all,
I don't object. I just wasn't sure what the point was in making the
changes.

When reviewing my log files, I noted two directories where "make
depend" doesn't use the CFLAG. It looked like something to be fixed.
Is there a reason to omit CFLAG only in these two directories?

I haven't had a chance to try to compile the current HEAD code yet. The
above comments and patches apply to 0.9.8-stable branch.
                           Doug

P.S. Since I am in the US, I will also submit this to the usual
government authorities.

--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]