On Thu, Feb 16, 2006, Kyle Hamilton wrote:

> Alright.  Can you comment on if the source-level API is going to stay
> the same, at least?  (If it's going to stay the same, then giving
> details on how to link with a version of OpenSSL that provides that
> API -- even if it's not the "FIPS-certified" version -- would allow
> users to get working on apps that need to make use of the API.  If
> it's not, then I won't worry about it.  If you can't comment, I'll
> assume it's not guaranteed static.)

Well with the disclaimer than none of this is set in stone...

The API is likely to stay the same.

*What* you link to and *how* you do that may change.

There are also various other things which an application will need to do to be
compliant, it is *not* just a case of successfully entering FIPS mode.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.