Glad this licked it [yes I was that guest, forgot to sign my note, sorry.]

One thing about -xdepend is that Solaris cc 5.x is unrolling one of our
loops incorrectly.  If someone wants to simplify, try reducing the complex
for (;;) and while () loops to avoid (;;x++, y++) or (;x[c++] +=x;) sorts
of grammers which have apparently confounded the optimizer.

Bill

[EMAIL PROTECTED] via RT wrote:
  via RT schrieb:

The fix is trivial; in the solaris-x86-cc line of Configure, you must
replace -fast -xO5 with -fast -xdepend=no (note: -xO5 was implied by
the -fast argument.)  The implicit -xdepend=yes implied by -fast was
causing this failure.

There may be further code fixes in the evp code to ensure that data
dependencies in the loops can be unrolled and optimized.

excellent!
now it works fine

thanks a lot !

best regards,