I looked a bit in detail into the ecpoint format extension stuff.

-  Currently, as I said yesterday, one cannot compile openssl
with OPENSSL_NO_EC.

- I am not sure but it seems to me that the tlsext_ecpointformat_list in
  the SSL is not freed together with an SSL object, so you have
 a mem leak unless you disable the EC cipher suites.

Well, besides that, I have the feeling that the extension code for
the point formats is somewhat strange.

- The ssl_prepare_client/serverhello_tlsext routines don't serve a
 real purpose IMO. They are just called before the corresponding
ssl_add_client/server... At best, they could be called internally. My goal was to have a small footprint in s3_lib.c There would
 be some benefit it a prepare routine would ned to be called
 very early in the process and some heavy work would be
 avoided, but I don't think this is the case.

- The tests in the prepare routine (are EC ciphers proposed)
 can be done in that add_client_hello_ext, and, if the extension is
 added, then just the constant octet string is set in the client hello.

- It doesn't need to be remembered as such in the SSL object because
 it is a constant. At most, a flag bit string list for the supported values
 can be added to the SSL object (not containing the uncompressed)
 Thus, when receiving the server hello, one would match the
 bitstring with the received values, and make whatever decision later
 concerning certificats.

- What is the purpose of keeping the pointformat list in a saved session?
 If a session is renegotiated, shouldn't all these information concerning
 ciphers go away? A renego could end with a totally different suite.
 This is not the same situation as with the hostname extension, where it
 may happen that the hostname changes, e.g. when a Host: directive
occurs in the data stream, and this "state" should not be lost.

Comments?

--
To verify the signature, see http://edelpki.edelweb.fr/ Cela vous permet de charger le certificat de l'autorité; die Liste mit zurückgerufenen Zertifikaten finden Sie da auch.