On Oct 20 15:21, Victor B. Wagner wrote:
> On 2006.10.20 at 13:01:01 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > > So, use IPV6 on native windows requires considerable changes anyway?
> >
> > I wouldn't say it's considerable.  Just a tweak to the loading of
> > getaddrinfo/freeaddrinfo in crypto/bio/b_sock.c, AFAICS.
>
> Implementing of dynamic loading by hand is tricky thing anyway.

Huh?

> One have to declare function pointers and provide code which would fill
> them with correct value.

Which is already done in crypto/bio/b_sock.c.  Did you look into the code?

>   And this code should be clever enough to find
> appropriate DLL (provided that most Windows systems out there have
> both).

LoadLibrary?  That's nothing new and already used in crypto/dso/dso_win32.c.

ws2_32.dll exists on all systems starting with Windows
95 OSR2, but that doesn't mean the IPv6 functions are available.  On
Windows 2000, IPv6 is only available if wship6.dll is installed.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader