>For 0.9.9-dev I would prefer making the parameter (and hence the
>return type) in the X509_foo_get() functions const but I'm not
>sure if we should change this behaviour in 0.9.8-stable.
>Comments are welcome.

I think I had experimented with making things const at one point but had
concluded that might break things in the manner you describe since
macros are implicily always non-const.

For the purposes of the LSB exersize, making the change in 0.9.9 with
const declarations sounds like a reasonable thing to do, since the
timing of LSB probably indicates a 0.9.9 release will be available (and
hopefully in distros) before LSB 4.0.

Thanks,

Tracy Camp