Now tests pass on my workstation. Next morning we'll see results on all
other platforms.

> For reference. In order to test integer-only code paths on sse2 capable
> system you can run test suite with OPENSSL_ia32cap environment variable
> set to 0. In other words it's not necessary to have both machines in
> test farm nor reconfigure with no-sse2 in order to test it. A.

It seems that there are a lot of environment variables which do
interesting things with OpenSSL behavoir and can be used for testing
purposes.

I already use

OPENSSL_DEBUG_MEMORY - turns on memory leak detecting
OPENSSL_ENGINES - modifies default dynamically loadable engine location
OPENSSL_CONF - modifies default config location.

Now you describe

OPENSSL_ia32cap

There are also
OPENSSL_sparcv9cap (which we probably ought to use, since we now have
just one sparc machine in the test farm, and it is v9 since we do 64
builds on it)
OPENSSL_DEBUG_LOCKING
RANDFILE
SSL_CIPHER
SSLEAY_CONF (only in apps directory, seems to provide backward
compatibility
SSL_CERT_DIR
SSL_CERT_FILE

And most of these are not well documented