On 2007.11.19 at 14:51:16 -0600, Steven Bade wrote:

> OpenCryptoki's Soft token based on openssl, was never intended to be a
> FIPS capable function,  its simply intended to be an example for those
> who might wish to
> a) test PKCS#11 applications without having to have a card

It is what I need. Really there is just two applications I really want
to test - Firefox and Thunderbird.

But it is interesting to know how fully PKCS#11 specification is
implemented in OpenCryptoki. How much effort would be needed to add new
profile for new cryptography algorithms, which are supported by recent
OpenSSL, but, probably, never taken into account by authors of
OpenCryptoki.