Erez Pasternak wrote:
Hi

Does anyone here knows

1)      Which versions of Open SSL are FIPS 140-2 certified on Linux?
 Which versions of Linux?

2)      Which versions of Open SSL are FIPS 140-2 certified on
Windows? Which versions of Windows?

Thanks

Erez Pasternak

There is currently only one validated version of the OpenSSL FIPS Object
Module, v1.1.2 with certificate #918:
http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140val-all.htm#918.

Note it's "validation", not "certification".  Also please note that
OpenSSL itself (the distro we all know and love) is not and presumably
never will be FIPS 140-2 validated.  The OpenSSL FIPS Object Module is a
separate distinct software component derived from, and designed to
interoperate with, OpenSSL proper.

The v1.1.2 module supports Linux/Unix and Windows (most versions, sort of), but without assembler optimizations. It is based on and compatible with OpenSSL 0.9.7+.

I'm expecting two more validations for the 0.9.8+ based v1.2 Real Soon Now.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
Open Source Software Institute