On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Brad House <b...@mainstreetsoftworks.com> wrote:

>>> BTW,  I didn't see in the changelog the fact that tls extensions were
>>> enabled by default between 0.9.8i and j...

>> It's there, 3rd entry:
>>
>>>  *) Enable TLS extensions by default.
>>>     [Ben Laurie]

> Hmm, we must be looking at different things.  I was looking
> at the changelog referenced from the 0.9.8j announcement e-mail:
> http://www.openssl.org/source/exp/CHANGES
> The 0.9.8i-0.9.8j changes start at around line 730...
> What changelog are you looking at?

You have found an unfortunate inconsistency between CHANGES from the
stable branch (from which 0.9.8 releases are made) and the CVS head
(which is the one you are seeing on the webserver, also at
http://www.openssl.org/news/changelog.html).  Everything for 0.9.8
releases appearing in the stable branch (see
http://cvs.openssl.org/fileview?f=openssl/CHANGES&v=1.1238.2.134)
should also be added to the CHANGES file at the CVS head.  Sometimes
this is forgotten, either when a change doesn't actually have to be
applied to the CVS head, or when it should be but hasn't.

Bodo