On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Claus Assmann <ca+ssl-...@esmtp.org> wrote:
> So far I haven't been able to determine which change caused the
> problem, so I'm still looking at various diff's, but I'm not
> familiar with the source code to (easily) spot the problem.

I imagine the reason that the exact breakdown wasn't given was because
it would let attackers know exactly what to do.

>From the advisory:

- If 'short' is a 16-bit integer, this issue applies only to OpenSSL 0.9.8m.
- Otherwise, this issue applies to OpenSSL 0.9.8f through 0.9.8m.

Almost certainly short is 16-bits for you, so it only matters if
you're running 0.9.8m. You are very unlikely to have introduced the
problem via a patch.

AGL

--
Adam Langley a...@imperialviolet.org http://www.imperialviolet.org