> [[email protected] - Thu Dec 16 14:29:58 2010]:
> 
> I was playing around with the 'nameopt' option of the x509 openssl
>    command and I think I've found a bug. I've read the man page for
>    x509 and can't see that I'm doign anything wrong...
> 
> If I run "openssl x509 -text -noout -nameopt dn_rev -in AHam-
>    signed.pem" using the attached test certificate openssl starts to
>    prints out:
> 
> Certificate:
>     Data:
>         Version: 3 (0x2)
>         Serial Number: 4126 (0x101e)
>         Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption
>         Issuer:
> 
> stopping just before printing the issuer - presumably because
>    something is going wrong when using the dn_rev option. When I
>    remove the nameopt option, or use "-nameopt RFC2253" instead the
>    certificate text is printed out ok.
> 
> I found the issue in version 0.9.8g but I've reproduced it in version
>    1.0.0b. I've read the man page for x509 and can't see that I'm
>    doign anything wrong.
> 

The cause of this is that when you just use "dn_rev" you need to include
a separator option (one of the sep_* options). This should be documented.

Steve.
-- 
Dr Stephen N. Henson. OpenSSL project core developer.
Commercial tech support now available see: http://www.openssl.org

______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List                       [email protected]
Automated List Manager                           [email protected]

Reply via email to