Hello Steven,

>I'm having a good time, even if no one else cares.

I do care.
I apologize for being silent, but I have been very busy with less open source
issues.

I have tested your changes on  IA64 and they work well, indeed.
It was a bit tricky with the unusual extra "64" parameter for tests and install
- but it worked perfect.

Thank you very much for all effort.
Hope, Richard will merge them into the code and we'll be lucky to see them in
the next release.

Regards,