On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 16:11:40 -0500, Steve Marquess wrote:
> On 04/06/2011 04:03 PM, Roumen Petrov wrote:
> > Steve Marquess wrote:
> >> The ongoing effort to obtain a new FIPS 140-2 validation for an OpenSSL
> >> based cryptographic module has committed enough source code to
> >> permit general review and feedback.  If you have an interest in this
> >> upcoming validated module please feel free to examine the current
> >> results
> >> in CVS HEAD (see http://www.openssl.org/source/repos.html).
> >> [SNIP]
> >>
> >> -Steve M.
> >>

> > May be is good to be documented that fips-2.0 module require sse2. As
> > I understand no-asm build is not in the validation list yet as
> > work-around for old i?386 processors.
>
> Correct, we have no sponsors yet for any "no-asm" builds, and I don't
> expect to get any.  It's not to late to sign additional platform
> sponsors, though (hint, hint).
>
> -Steve M.

To add to Steve's hint, from my perspective it would certainly be nice
to see a sponsor step up for a *nix platform using the AES-NI
instructions. It would seem to be a reasonable investment for one of the
major OS distributors. But that is just my opinion.

--
Iain Morgan

"The views expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the
Federal government or any of its agencies."