On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Coda Highland <chighl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following up on THIS: Success!
>
> Markus, the developer for af_alg, suggested that I remove SHA-1
> offloading by removing this line from e_af_alg.c:
>
>               !ENGINE_set_digests (e, af_alg_digests))
>
> I wasn't expecting this to work because building OpenSSL without
> -DUSE_CRYPTODEV_HASHES didn't solve anything, but to my pleasant
> surprise SSL is up and running now with hardware acceleration.
>
> So many thanks to Markus and I hope my findings prove useful for
> someone else in the future.
>
> Thanks again!
> /s/ Adam

Never mind on the "success"; it seems that was premature.

I can connect now; that much works fine. But after I transfer
somewhere around 512KB of data over the connection it bombs out with:

DONE
SSL3 alert write:warning:close notify

on the client side and

SSL3 alert read:warning:close notify
DONE
shutting down SSL
CONNECTION CLOSED

on the server side. So clearly there's still some sort of problem. I'm
guessing that there's a renegotiation happening around this time or
something, but I'm back to my original question:

What advice can you give me for how to debug this issue?

/s/ Adam