Hello,

After building the FIPS module on Windows using the do_fips.bat script, I
run the fips_test_suite.exe. On most machines all tests succeed. But on one
machine I have, the CCM test fails (exact error below). I did a bit of
debugging and it looks like the functions are simply returning the wrong
encoded bytes.

The only thing I can find that distinguishes this machine from the others,
where it succeeds, is that this machine has an Intel Core i7 CPU, while the
others are older CPUs. Out of curiousity I tried building with "no-asm"
(which I know is not supported), and then all the tests succeed on all the
machines. This leads me to believe that there's a problem with the assembly
code. Note that I tried both 32-bit and 64-bit builds and it's the same
problem with both.

Here is where the error is being reported:
CCM  test started
CCM  test FAILED!!
ERROR:2D091086:lib=45,func=145,reason=134:file=.\fips\aes\fips_aes_selftest.c:line=194

What do you think?

Thanks,
Tyrel