Hi all,

I'm having some issues with a hand-built OpenSSL 1.0.0d (patched with the SRP
patch available at http://srp.stanford.edu/) on x86-64.  I hope that the -dev
list is the right place to go to with this issue, it wasn't clear on whether
here or the user list was the right place, so feel free to tell me to bugger
off.

The issue I'm hitting is that RC4_set_key seems to be writing over more than
258 (sizeof(RC4_KEY)) bytes.  This does not occur when compiling for i386, so
it looks like being a bug in the x86_64 assembly in crypto/rc4/asm.

What I'm after is two things really:
1) confirmation that I'm not doing something idiotic here (or information on
what idiotic thing I am doing).
2) if I'm really not being an idiot, could you tell me whether this should have
been fixed in later OpenSSL builds, before I start working through decoding
what the SRP patch actually changes and applying it to a later version of
OpenSSL.

Thanks

Tom Davie

if (*ra4 != 0xffc78948) { return false; }