On Tue, 2013-04-16 at 11:11 -0400, manc...@hush.com wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I came across a thread that discusses a recent PostgreSQL security
> fix (for CVE-2013-1900). The discussion raises the possibility the
> problem lies in OpenSSL's fork protection code.
>
> Full thread here: http://marc.info/?t=136579421000001&r=1&w=2

If gettimeofday() was mixed in during the RNG reads, the vulnerability
would be prevented. Of course it would not prevent the case where the
attacker has access to the internal state of the parent process but that
is a different attack that could be prevented only by reseeding on forks
(or when a pid change is detected).
--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb