On Sun, 2013 Nov 10 23:01+0100, Andy Polyakov via RT wrote:

> If 'perl | cc -E - > a.s' was used, then consequent 'cc -c a.s' was
> observing truncated file, as if buffer was not flushed in time.

Ah, strange. Maybe a bug in their early implementation of support for
preprocessing stdin.

(I think it should work if it used a temporary file instead of a
pipe/stdin...)

> :-( indeed, worked for me. It's sometimes disadvantageous to
> have newest gear, huh? Changing .FRame to .frame should work, please
> verify that there are no other problems.

Old systems make for good corner cases! New systems just try to be like
Linux+GCC.

Yes, s/.FRame/.frame/ on the generated .s file allows it to assemble
correctly, and the full test suite then passes without error nor
"Unaligned access" messages.

(This is with git d0f1d924 plus my patch.)

--Daniel

--
Daniel Richard G. || sk...@iskunk.org
My ASCII-art .sig got a bad case of Times New Roman.