On Sun, Jun 01, 2014, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 01, 2014 at 01:39:54PM -0400, Salz, Rich wrote:
> > Make structures opaque when possible and provide accessor functions. Within
> > openssl itself use macros if you want.
>
> This has been on my list of things I want to see happen for a long time
> too.  Together we removing some APIs.  I also want to help getting
> open source packages fixed so they still work.

That's something I'd like to see too. I've added some support for libssl in
OpenSSL 1.0.1 (you can make all libssl structures opaque by setting
OPENSSL_NO_SSL_INTERN). I'd like to see the same happen across libcrypto but
it's a significant task and likely to cause considerable application breakage.

Steve.