Hello Mike

I work on / provide custom tools, based on source code analysis, that can
help in

- generating autotest test suites according to each function signature :
random / full combinatory of argument values : to check the function robustness
     wide loops : to check memory consumption

- generating enhanced original source code : free/malloc enhance, array bound check

- generate some other source code, as needed

I am quite new in C, not expert at all.

If some good practice in unit tests in C is available, feedback is welcome !

If some special source code generation can make sense, the same !

PS : these techniques have been used on Java, quite valuable.
     For the openssl group I can provide support on these tools

Thanks

Didier CRUETTE