On Fri Jul 04 20:33:35 2014, pspa...@redhat.com wrote:

> [I'm re-sending this e-mail again because I haven't received any reply
> and it
> didn't appeared neither on http://rt.openssl.org/NoAuth/Buglist.html
> nor on
> -devel list.]
>
> Attached patch set adds support for key wrapping mode described in RFC
> 5649.
>
> This mode allows you to wrap keys of any length in range [1, 2^31]
> bytes and
> does integrity check after unwrapping. It is an extension of original
> key
> wrapping algorithm described in RFC 3394 (this is already implemented
> as
> CRYPTO_128_wrap and works only with 64-bit blocks).
>
> This patch set also adds test for RFC 3394 and RFC 5649 functionality.
>
> I tried to fully describe purpose and implementation directly in the
> code
> comments.
>
> This patch set is re-implementation from scratch and obsoletes patch
> attached
> to ticket 2204 from year 2010.

There are a few problems with the patches as supplied. There are several
warnings when use the --strict-warnings option to see what they are.

There are also some constructs which I think might cause problems on some
platforms for example .foo = "bar" structure initialisation but that's only in
the test code but that wont matter if the same functionality is added to
evp_test.c .I'm not sure how portable uiint32_t is either.

I think we should avoid having a htonl dependency in the code if possible. It's
not hard to avoid that.

Steve.