On Út, 2014-07-15 at 20:08 +0200, Jan Just Keijser via RT wrote:
> On 15/07/14 15:20, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> > On 07/15/2014 07:58 AM, Salz, Rich via RT wrote:
> >> The Globus syntax is strange. :)
> >>
> >> We should support the ISO date/time standard, and use that throughout and
> >> not invent yet another syntax, or yet another flag.  It's fairly simple to
> >> parse, and handles timezones, relative times, date/time mixing, and so on.
> >>  The XML XSD spec, for example, has a reasonable explanation.
> > Agreed here.  also, the presence of a hyphen in a time marker is too
> > easily misunderstood as a minus sign.
> >
> > If we're talking about the duration of a certificate, we could use
> > something like the ISO-8601 duration syntax:
> >
> >    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO-8601#Durations
> >
> > e.g. PT1800S is 1800 seconds
> >

> I like the idea, but I won't have time to rewrite the patch right now.
> Implementing "full" ISO8061 timestamps will take some effort. I'd also
> propose to rename '-valid' to '-duration' .
> I'll get back on this in mid August.

What about just supporting float number argument for -days (0.5 for 12
hours certificate validity)? That should be fairly simple. In the first
step. And add something like -notafter argument that would specify the
exact end date&time in the ISO format (not duration) as a second step.

--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb