"Linda Zhang" <lind...@qq.com> wrote:

So, I build openssl with command line "ms\mingw32.bat". It seems there must be
something wrong that it didn't pass CFLAGS configured by "perl Configure mingw"
gcc.

OpenSSL (on Windows at least) is close to the "package from hell". Someone here
remember gettext? For example; a little error like this in
crypto/threads/th-lock.c:

89: void CRYPTO_thread_cleanup(void); ...
108: #ifdef OPENSSL_SYS_WIN32
127: static void CRYPTO_thread_cleanup(void)

(a 'static' following a 'non-static' function). Shit like that has gone unnoticed for years because that particular combo has not been compiled by many users/compilers. I'm not sure why. But the code-path for Solaris and Irix are correct. One would assume Windows was much more popular than those
dinosaurs. Go figure!

--gv