> There is a specification in
> Russian,
> http://tk26.ru/methods/containers_v1/Addition_to_PKCS8&PKCS12_v1_0.pdf
>
> It says:
> "The password Psw should be represented in UTF-8 format without trailing
> zero byte and passed as the P element of the PBKDF2 algorithm"

Yeah, but this describes specific case, and has no "effect" on it being
not really specified in general case.

> The test example was provide by the authors of specification. There are
> also examples in the document. May be it will be useful.

We are apparently talking about slightly different things. Well, they
are somewhat related, but not quite the same. It's just additional angle
to cover.

On related note I had no problem exporting pkcs12 file protected with
password with non-ASCII letters from Windows and then failing to read it
on Linux.