Sorry, it was my bad. I used some old scripts I made, where I only modified
some env variables. From what I remembered the scripts also did the "make
install", but I was wrong. The library and linaro tools worked perfectly.

Catalin Vasile

From: openssl-dev <openssl-dev-boun...@openssl.org> on behalf of Andy Polyakov
<ap...@openssl.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 2:32 PM
To: openssl-dev@openssl.org
Subject: Re: [openssl-dev] aarch64 64bit build with linaro tools

> I'm trying to build a 64bit aarch64 OpenSSL library with linaro tools[1].
> Whatever I try, the library compiles to the 32bit version.
> How do I get a 64bit library version?

I'm using very same toolchain, and I get as 64-bit AArch64 library as it
can possibly get. Though truth be told I'm using it with scratchbox,
which means that I let "somebody else" pass compiler flags such as
-isystem --sysroot, as well as additional -I and -L. However I can
confirm that scratchbox doesn't pass any magic flags that tell it to
generate 64-bit module. On the contrary, I can confirm that 64-bit code
generation is default one, and it is 32-bit code generation that takes
additional flag, -mabi=ilp32. (Though I don't have ilp32 libraries to
link with, so I never actually build linux-arm64ilp32 for myself.)
Bottom line is that there is no evidence that it's not a problem
specific to your setup, which in turn means that you would have to be
the one to figure it out. Sorry...