> extension by default that wasn't there before - and that we've already
> decided to add new extensions in 1.1.1 due to the forthcoming
> TLSv1.3 support.

You mean adding new extensions in the wire protocol?  Or are did we modify any
API/ABI behavior?

>  On the other hand you could argue that this could break
> existing scripts that rely on the current SNI behaviour.

I would support adding a new -sni flag that is shorter, easier to type, and
uses the value of the HOST field.

Within the team, we previously had agreement that the CLI was part of the ABI
"contract."  Waiting for Viktor to weigh in  here :)