I think I said it earlier, that prefixing the output with '#' is a TAP
compatible way to fix this.  One way is to pipe the execution of the
program through a "sed -e 's|^|# |'", except that it's not exactly
portable...  Another way *might* be to open("program |") and handle
the output in OpenSSL::Test.  However, both these solutions will mess
with all the test programs that we've made TAP friendly.

Hmmmm...

Come to think of it, a third option is to have the openssl program
notice the environment variable 'OPENSSL_HARNESS_PREFIX' that contains
a string to prefix all the output with, and in that case, use a custom
BIO filter that gets pushed on bio_out.

Actually, I think that last idea is the one to go for.

Cheers,
Richard

In message <f60c8f89-44b5-48c2-7bcb-caba72552...@openssl.org> on Fri, 26 Jan