> On Feb 9, 2018, at 12:39 PM, Kurt Roeckx <k...@roeckx.be> wrote:
>
> We document printf to be like the C standard, so it should be
> intmax_t, not int64_t, or we need to fix the documentation.

I don't think we get to coƶpt "j" for another purpose, if we
we want a letter format for int64t, we'll need to use a new
one, but that's a bad idea.  So I think the "or ..." part is
not a good idea.

Just cast to (intmax_t) or use OSSL_PRIi64/OSSL_PRIu64 (defined
to PRIi64/PRIu64 where available or else to some appropriate
letter for the platform in question).

BIO_printf should handle the underlying primitive types when,
e.g., encountering "%lu", "%llu", "%ju" and "%zu"...

--
        Viktor.