On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 01:20:41AM +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:
> I think we should make sure to set aside time to review as many of the
> non-project pull requests as possible.  I think it is important to show a
> commitment to the larger community.

I agree.  I started looking at this last week, when we had something
like 170 open issues+pull requests for the 1.1.1 milestone.  We
still have 165, and that excludes a couple things that I would like
to see get in but are not part of the milestone (like #3082 and
#1130).  I also have several changes open myself that are small and
could easily go in, though none of them are especially critical.
(Richard, could you reconfirm on #3958, though, please?)

> One way to do this is to say that we will extend the BETA date by a week, and
> in that week no new code from the team, only third-party existing pull
> requests will be considered

I'm open to extending the date, though am interested to see what we
can do if everybody chips in this week.  (Though, I myself will only
be able to start on Friday, as my next couple days are fully
booked.)

-Ben