In message <20180414194244.ga27...@roeckx.be> on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 21:42:45
+0200, Kurt Roeckx <k...@roeckx.be> said:

kurt> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 09:32:31PM +0200, Richard Levitte wrote:
kurt> >
kurt> > a. 1.1.0's test/recipes/70-test_sslextension.t has a couple of tests
kurt> >    that are meant to fail (i.e. if the individual tests fail, the
kurt> >    recipe is successful).  When run against 1.1.1 libraries, the
kurt> >    recipe fails, i.e. the injection of double hellos didn't get the
kurt> >    communication to fail, or so it seems...
kurt>
kurt> This seems to be a test that is very aware of the protocol, and
kurt> what should fail and what shouldn't. If you introduce a new
kurt> protocol, the things it check might need to be updated. This is
kurt> not something a normal application will be doing, so I don't see
kurt> this as a problem.

Yes, I agree that the TLSProxy tests aren't the most important in this
regard.  Also note that this part was a side note.

--
Richard Levitte         levi...@openssl.org