In message <97b79a0726d8447fbacdf60cd513d...@ex13.ncp.local> on Sat, 23 Jun
2018 17:28:25 +0000, "Dr. Matthias St. Pierre" <matthias.st.pie...@ncp-e.com>
said:

Matthias.St.Pierre> Hi,
Matthias.St.Pierre>
Matthias.St.Pierre> just a reminder: our release strategy still states that the
OpenSSL_1_1_1-stable
Matthias.St.Pierre> branch will be created together with the first beta
release.
Matthias.St.Pierre>
Matthias.St.Pierre>  20th March 2018, beta release 1 (pre3)
Matthias.St.Pierre>    o OpenSSL_1_1_1-stable created (feature freeze)
Matthias.St.Pierre>    o master becomes basis for 1.1.2 or 1.2.0 (TBD)
Matthias.St.Pierre>
Matthias.St.Pierre> The branching has been postponed a while ago in
Matthias.St.Pierre> order to concentrate on stabilizing the beta and
Matthias.St.Pierre> fixing errors. I assume there is a silent
Matthias.St.Pierre> agreement that the branching will take place
Matthias.St.Pierre> together with the final release? Does this
Matthias.St.Pierre> decision require an official OMC vote and
Matthias.St.Pierre> shouldn't the release strategy be updated
Matthias.St.Pierre> accordingly?

We the OMC figured that all work will go towards making as good a
release as possible, everything else will be left in feature branches
anyway.  This means that effectively, OpenSSL_1_1_1-stable and master
remain the same, i.e. won't start diverging before the final release.
That makes if pointless to create a branch just to fast-forward it a
little now and then.

At some point, the above will become true, but you're right, we should
probably update that detail.

Cheers,
Richard

--