>> Another contributing factor is lack of opportunities to pursue
>> so to say "fundamental" goals, formal validation of assembly code being
>> one example.
>
> Formal validation of the assembly code is something I would
> actually like to see, and even talked with some people about it.
> But I don't have the time to actually get this done.

To clarify. As far as *this* specific remark goes, it's not like I feel
constrained, by policies or anything of the sort. It's rather about
"chronic" failure to find opportunity to put things aside and devote a
concentrated effort. The remark belongs in "what future holds" part. (As
most should know by now, I'm not on good terms with words.)