On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 10:21:45AM -0700, Paul Yang wrote:

> The Chinese modified TLS protocol is not intended to interoperate with any
> other TLS protocols. The cipher suites defined in this protocol should not be
> used with the standard IETF TLS. So I guess what Matt said would be feasible
> to do. But in reality, users may want to have a combination of both IETF TLS
> and Chinese TLS together when he launches a TLS server or client, to have the
> auto-selection functionality if a TLS client comes in. So the way of
> implementation would be tricky...

So I think there are 3 options:
- You use TLS, not some Chinese variant, and add things like Chinese
  ciphers to it.
- Use something that's not TLS at all, a Chinese variant, and
  don't support both protocols on the same port.
- Support both on the same port. This will require coordination
  with IANA and/or IETF.

Kurt