On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 12:33:56PM +1000, Dr Paul Dale wrote:
> I’m seeing quite a bit of activity going on which isn’t related to the
> 3.0beta1 milestone.
> We’re well past the cutoff date announced for new features in the code.
>
> Should we be limiting the “new” stuff going in?
>
> I’m fine with bug fixes, they make sense.  I’m fine with the list of beta1
> pull requests continuing.
> It’s the rest that is more concerning.

I think we should stop accepting any new changes that are not
clearly related to fixing issues that have been introduced during
the development of 3.0. Of course, bugs can always be fixed.

We've previously announced the deadline for beta 1 to be the 8th of
September. Clearly not everything needed is ready. But at some
point we will have to make the beta 1 release.

Kurt